Author Archives: Christy
The facts are:
* In a study of 370,000 employees, Goetzel et al (2004) found that “presenteeism” losses accounted for the majority of per person annual total costs for 9 out of the top 10 most expensive health conditions, with only heart disease having the majority of total costs attributed to medical claims.
* When analyzing the difference between employees with normal BMI with those considered simply “overweight,” the workers’ compensation costs still almost double, moving from $7,500 to $13,300. It must be noted that this “overweight” category (excluding all obese levels), represent well over 30% of the entire population, comprising an immense cost to employers.
* According to the Wall Street Journal, health care costs per capita are inflating at an unsustainable annual rate of 8-14%.
* According to the National Health Care Statistics, the typical American diet is responsible for most of the preventable diseases, including 91% of diabetes, 82% of heart disease, and 71% of colon cancer.
Let us come to your workplace for a free demo and to talk about a custom package for your people, culture, and organization.
See our Workplace tab, www.purewellnesschicago.com/services, for more information or contact Christy directly.
Dear River North client,
It is with a mixed set of emotions that Pure is announcing the May 31st closure of its River North location. Unfortunately, the arrangement here has been difficult for us from the beginning and it is time we refocus on our home in Lincoln Park. It is with gratitude and humility that we ask for you to complete your package as
best as you can during the month of May and then we have the following options:
1. We will happily extend your expiry of your package so that you can enjoy our expansive schedule in Lincoln Park (if you have any left as of June 1st, 2013). We are happy to even give you an extra year.
2. We will trade the value of your package for private sessions. You may keep these for yourself or gift them. 5 classes or 1 month unlimited = 1 private session. All sessions will be held in Lincoln Park (there is parking). We can do private yoga, Pilates, personal training, or life coaching.
3. We are happy to transfer your account in its entirety to our partner company, Aligned Modern Health (AMH). AMH will be opening new facilities in the downtown area, as well as they currently have facilities on Southport & Addison and in Lincoln Square.
4. We will happily refund the cash value of the leftover sessions for the price originally paid (i.e. if you paid for a Groupon, the price per session is $3.90).
Please fill out the below and leave in a designated envelope at either studio.
Deadline is JUNE 30th (note: we will be giving extra time due to AMH construction and for you to take time to decide).
Option chosen: _____________________________________________________________
Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _________________________
We thank you for your cooperation in advance. All inquiries can be directed to Christy Lyons, Owner of Pure Wellness, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pure Wellness Staff & Christy Lyons
Lincoln Park location:
2536 N. Halsted Chicago, IL 60614 847-420-7930
You asked for it and we are answering!
Starting in May, look for early morning classes in Lincoln Park and also outdoor classes to be added in June.
We will be creating a special outdoor summer pass, a discount for school teachers & students who have the summer off (Pure90 is perfect for y’all!), and more!
Keep on the lookout and don’t forget to tell us what you need and want!
We are going through some changes at Pure.
Please bear with us as we begin to transition into Aligned Modern Health throughout 2013. Some staff members are moving to work there full time and we are also slowly merging into their larger, more advanced studio facilities.
All questions can be directed to Christy, email@example.com
Check out this article on CNN today:
Silly or serious? Worthwhile or not so much?
Either way, if you take a picture of yourself doing airplane yoga (on an airplane), email it to Christy or post it on our Facebook wall and you will get 1 free class here at Pure Wellness!
Prenatal yoga: worth it or not?
Hands down the evidence says that it is. Check out this article by the Mayo Clinic on the benefits of it:
Other less scientific publications also shout the joys of prenatal yoga:
Come try it out whether you are expecting, trying to, or just a curious medical practitioner.
Fridays, starting this week on the 18th, 5:30-6:30 pm at our Lincoln Park location.
We will start it every other week until we build a following.
Hope to see you there!
Christy is excited to announce to Pure’s clientele that she will be now directing the fitness and training programs at Aligned Modern Health, which has two chiropractic and wellness centers on the Southport Corridor and in Lincoln Square. You can buy packages for group classes and private training/ Yoga/ Pilates classes through Aligned’s website here: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=33984 and look forward to seeing the same high-quality, personal, professional instruction you get at Pure (and some of Pure’s instructors!).
Pre-sale for packages begins NOW with a discount code of AMH2013 for 30% off a new year package!
Please note that as separate companies, no packages will crossover between the Pure and Aligned.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this new programming to launch on January 7th, 2013!
We couldn’t be more thrilled to be mentioned in Crain’s Chicago Business!
Check it out here!
In schools across the nation, yoga is being incorporated into physical education classes as well as before and after school programs. Recent research supports that yoga programming in schools inspires positive change in both students and staff. According to “Yoga in Schools,” a nonprofit organization that advocates for and funds yoga programming, yoga in schools yield the following results:
1. An increase in students’ physical strength, flexibility, balance and relaxation
2. Improved individual student capacities for focusing, concentration and retention of new information
3. Positive impact on students’ social and psychological development as expressed in higher self esteem (confidence, efficacy) and body awareness
4. Increased ease in classroom management for both students and teachers
5. Greater management of life stressors for both students and teachers
If your school would like to participate in before and/or after school yoga, contact Pure Wellness today. We provide programming for both students and staff! Namaste!
According to the American Cancer Society website (www.cancer.org), cancer encompasses over 100 diseases. In the United States alone, fifty percent of men and one-third of women will develop cancer. Nearly everyone in this city, country and world knows someone who has been impacted by cancer. What can you do to help?
Pure Wellness will be hosting classes from 9:00am – 2:00pm on Saturday, September 29, 2012 to benefit the American Cancer Society. These classes will be donation only. You can donate in person using cash or check, or you can donate online at: http://www.gofundme.com/181g80
This is one way you can help! Join us for the following donation classes on Saturday, September 29, 2012:
PureAshtanga: 9:00am – 10:00am
PureBCS: 10:15am – 11:00am
PureCore: 11:15am – 12:00pm
PureTone: 12:15pm – 1:00pm
PureBeginner: 1:15pm – 2:00pm
Register for all classes online: www.purewellnesschicago.com
Following the ACS donation classes will be a FREE Wellness Expo! Come and see the latest products and offerings in the wellness and fitness industry!
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, September 12, 2012! Namaste